Stolen from blahpolar
1. How are you, really?
2. How do you feel right now? What are you thinking about?
I feel alright, content. I’m thinking about being a nicer person.
3.What’s your favorite color?
4. What’s your favorite food?
Cuisine? I suppose Middle Eastern. Specifically… I really like mac and cheese
5. What’s your favorite dessert?
Banana and chocolate ice cream
6. How old are you?
7. What have you learned today?
That people are good, we make mistakes, but forgiveness is possible.
8. What was your favorite subject in school?
9. What do you do?
I work in Human Resources currently
10. What are some of your favorite books?
Catcher in the Rye, Secret Life of Bees, Kindred, Be Here Now, Go Ask Alice, Speak, Eat Pray Love
11. What are some of your favorite movies?
The Hours, Fight Club, Inception, Breakfast Club, Virgin Suicides, Clueless, Requiem for a Dream…
12. What kind of music are you into?
Progressive Rock Metal, underground 80s, soundtracks (for example, Donnie Darko, Inception, The Hours, Interstellar)
13. If you were going to write a book, what would you call it and what would it be about?
I’ve thought about this quite a lot. When I was motivated to publish my poetry, the title was “Solopsist.” Nowadays, It would probably be a compilation of these blog posts in an autobiography type setting. I would pull one of my favorite titles from my previous blog posts and use that.
14. What’s one of the scariest things you’ve ever done?
Hang over the edge of a building, convincing myself that it would be better if I jumped.
15. What accomplishment are you most proud of?
Overcoming addiction, although I know it is a perpetual effort, I’m happy I’m aware and am working towards happiness.
16. Are you married?
17. How did you meet your spouse / girlfriend / boyfriend?
Girlfriend- through work
18. Do you think it’s better to get married when you’re young or better to wait a while?
Wait a while.
19. Do you have any kids?
20. Have you ever thought of adopting?
21. When you were a kid, what did you want to be when you grew up?
A writer, an actress. I always wrote books and wanted to have my own library so I could do book signings!
22. How did you get into health care?
A good friend of mine recommended a mental hospital. With the help of him and my girlfriend, I was finally admitted.
23. Would you recommend healthcare for other people? Why / Why not?
Yes. It may feel as though it will be futile, or a waste of time, but healthcare is there for a reason.
24. What do you do for fun?
I love writing. I like to listen to music and create new stories and poems from whatever inspires me. I also enjoy coloring!
25. Do you like traveling?
Very much so.
26. If you could visit any country in the world, where would you go?
27. Who are some people you’d like to meet someday?
Homeless people, monks, yogis, gurus, rich people, CEOs, humanitarians, activists
28. If someone asked you to give them a random piece of advice, what would you say?
You are exactly where you need to be. Be patient with yourself. Love yourself.
29. What’s one of your favorite habits you have?
30. What are some things that make you really happy?
Watching other people perform random acts of kindness, the sunrise, mango lassis, my girlfriend, my dogs, disco music
31. What are some things that make you really sad?
Too many things. Elderly people, my past, my mom…
32. What are some things that scare you?
Not much anymore. I’m scared that one day I’ll have a psychotic episode and switch, stay switched, and lose myself.
33. Do you like to plan things out in detail or be spontaneous?
I much prefer to live spontaneously
34. Are you a religious person?
No, I’m spiritual, though
35. If you could go back in history, who would you like to meet?
36. Would you rather live in the country or in the city?
37. What was your life like growing up?
Happy, sad, confusing, abusive, active. I grew up with my grandparents. I was really sheltered as a kid. I had loads of imaginary friends.
38. What were you like in high school?
I was really weird and odd. I was THE theatre kid. Depression took a great hold of me, though. So, to everyone else, I was silly, crazy, daring, fun. However, I remember the nights of binge drinking whiskey out of the bottle, inhaling hairspray and desk cleaner, crying, sleeping, and walking to my old high school drunk and high at midnight to leave a suicide note on the office window.
39. Do you have any brothers or sisters? How many?
Half brother, half sister
40. What’s your favorite part about today so far?
Waking up next to my girlfriend
41. Who in your life has influenced you the most? How did they do it?
Many, many people have influenced me, in many different ways. Perhaps it’s my mother. Not necessarily in a positive way, but she is a reminder of what I have chosen not to become.
42. What’s your favorite joke?
Why did Barbie never get pregant? Because Ken came in a different box.
43. Have you ever tried sushi? (Did you like it?)
Yes and NO. Bleh.
44. Do you like spicy food?
Yes! I’m Mexican afterall.
45. How do you like your steak cooked?
46. Do you have a favorite number? Any particular reason why you like that number?
21, it’s my birthday
47. If you were a type of animal, what would you be and why?
Wolf. I’ve always believed it to be my spirit animal. Loyal, loving, fierce and they are survivors innately.
48. What’s one of the strangest things you’ve ever done?
I’ve done many a strange thing! Perhaps one of them is when I was younger, I would talk to my rake and broom.. the Broom’s name was Brad and the Rake was Scott.
49. What kind of vacations do you like?
Leisurely, adventurous vacations to places I’ve never been to before.
50. What are some of your major goals in life?
I would like to become a published author, perhaps even get back into theatre. Live life happily.
51. What are some of your smaller goals in life?
Visit an ashram, travel to Europe, have children.
52. What do you like least about yourself?
My self criticism
53. What embarrasses you?
My mental health- or lack thereof
54. If you could try out any job for a day, what would you like to try?
A college professor, and/or motivational speaker
55. What’s your earliest memory?
Seeing my dad smoke in front of me at the dining room table
56. What’s the best decision you ever made?
Getting mental help
57. Who’s your best / closest friend?
58. What do you think people think of you?
People may think I’m bubbly, a little (too) outgoing, maybe off my rocker a bit.
59. What were your grades like in school?
Terrible- save drama and art.
60. If you could learn one random skill, what would you learn?
61. Are you an introvert or an extrovert?
Extrovert all the way.
62. Have you ever taken a personality test? (How did the results turn out?)
Multiple times…. usually they tell me that I’m a loving person, great communication skills, but I’m stubborn as hell and too harsh on myself.
63. What’s the first thing you notice about people?
64. Do you think people can control their own destiny?
I suppose, to an extent. We create the majority of our karma. Sometimes life throws us curveballs.
65. Do you think all people are equally valuable, or do you think some people in certain situations might be more valuable than others?
We are all equally valuable, in our own equally needed ways.
66. Do you think people are basically bad or basically good?
67. Do you think morals are universal or relative to the beliefs, traditions, and practices of individuals or groups?
I think they are relative for the most part. Except maybe killing for fun? I don’t see how that could ever be moral!
68. Do you think God exists?
I think we all exist as God.
69. Do you think any kind of afterlife exists?
I think so… right?
70. Do you vote? Why / Why not? If you do vote, how do you usually vote?
I do! I’m a libertarian., whatever that means!
71. Do you think gay people choose to be gay? Do you think straight people choose to be straight?
No. I think we’re born with it. Maybe it’s Maybelline.
72. Is torture ever a good option? If no, why not? If yes, when?
I really don’t think so. Ever.
73. Would you kill an innocent person if you thought it might mean saving a dozen other people?
No- because if I “thought” it, that means it’s not a definite. I have an odd way of thinking.
74. What’s the most money you’ve ever given away?
75. What’s the biggest personal change you’ve ever made?
Leaving the Church of Scientology
76. What’s the stupidest thing you’ve ever done?
Joining the Church of Scientology (ha!)
77. What do you think would be one of the best steps we could take toward ending poverty around the world?
People realizing we are all here together for the sole purpose of the pursuit of happiness.
78. What do you think we could do to best improve the education system?
Improve educators’ pay rates
79. In general, what do you think about art?
I love it. Art is fantastic and without it, I think the world would be really, really shitty.
80. What are some of your favorite websites?
81. What’s the biggest turnoff in a man/woman?
Arrogance, lack of empathy, ignorance
82. What’s the biggest lie you’ve ever told?
I shall never say
83. What’s something most people don’t know about you?
I’m listening to 5 other people in my head as they’re talking to me
84. What’s something you wish everyone knew about you?
I’m a really good person who genuinely wants to help people
85. What are some of the first things you do in the morning?
Check my phone, hug my dogs, stretch, stare at the ceiling, pray
86. What’s the worst thing that’s ever happened to you?
Well, I had a scary thought. My first thought after I read that question was, “That I didn’t succeed at my suicide attempt(s).” That’s not a legitimate answer. Worst thing… rape.
87. Do you cry easily?
88. How do you feel about public speaking?
I love it. I think it’s super fun
89. Do you like to talk on the phone?
Very much, especially when I’m cleaning.
90. How many emails do you get each week, roughly?
200? Spam, mostly
91. If someone were to make a movie about your life, who would you hope would play you?
Oh my… am I allowed to play myself? That would be great. It could be my big break.
92. What’s one of your favorite questions to ask new friends or to get a conversation going?
What’s the craziest thing you’ve done lately?
93. Would you ever sky dive or bungee jump?
Oi…. sky diving….uhh…sure. No to bungee jumping.
94. Have you ever been in a fist fight?
A couple times. Won both times.
95. What’s the best prank you’ve ever pulled?
I’m not really one to pull pranks- at least I can’t think of any at the moment!
96. What did you do on your 16th birthday?
I had a roaring 20s themed party with a bounce house! One of my favorite memories.
97. What do you think is one of the most undervalued professions right now?
98. How would you explain your basic life philosophy?
Keep moving, you never know whose life you can save.
99. Would you rather be hated or forgotten?
Hated. At least I would have made some kind of difference.
100. If you knew you would die tomorrow, would you feel cheated today?
A little bit.